Monday, March 16, 2009

Wait...wait...wait....

It's February 2nd (yes, I'm still behind on my blogs) and I am T -2 days from cd-1 with a Laminaria in tow. I have not gone to the pharmacy to pick up my meds as was the plan for this day. Instead, I manage to drive myself home in complete hysteria.

For the past three months, I have weaned myself off caffeine and chocolate. I have reduced my red meat intake and increased the number of encounters with my treadmill. I've tried to sleep better, eat better, avoid toxins, fumes, sick people, and anything else I can think of. I have even (gasp) eliminated wine consumption - not an easy task with a 4000 bottle wine cellar and a fledgling new wine business on the back burner.

And despite following all of the rules, my first IVF cycle is "on hold" because of post-laminaria blood pressure. Are they kidding? I am angry and near devastation. I arrived home sobbing and in pain and the best I can do is take a painkiller and go to bed. The nurse instructs me to have my blood pressure taken elsewhere in the morning and Mr. W (aka Super Doc) cannot be the taker. RE will make a decision after that. I get moderate relief in the fact that I have not picked up the $3500 worth of drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment