Next week is the consult with RE opinionator #3 - the local university. I have been awaiting a magical message from the universe to tell me what to do with respect to choosing the next clinic. Of course, the dream I had a few weeks ago suggested that RE #3 was going to be a bad choice, but I decided not to be judge and jury all at once and at least give him a chance, so next week's consult is still on.
Not knowing what will be the outcome of that event, I went ahead and scheduled a cycle for next month with RE opinion #2, at the clinic 600 miles away. Today was my preliminary coordination appointment (albeit by conference call), followed by a financial counseling appointment. I am relieved to be at least temporarily moving forward again. And, I am suspicious that this choice will end up being our final choice anyway, for reasons I shall elaborate on later.
However, this choice clearly will not be without its own set of issues. For starters, I have the travel factor. I have at least already booked my hotel room - just so I HAVE one. I have more flexibility on the flights, and can drive in a pinch, so I will wait that one out a bit.
Then there is the cycle fee. We were unsuccessful in our attempt to get insurance coverage this last renewal period. It's simply not offered in our state for small businesses like Mr. W's, so we will be 100% out of pocket for the fee and drugs again, and this clinic costs almost $3000 more per cycle than our last one. Needless to say, I'll be looking for meds if anyone has any lying around they'd like to dump. Cheap.
And then there's the explaining to everyone why I'm out of town for so damn long without Mr. W. Still working on that one...