Saturday, April 18, 2009

Don't Try This At Home

I didn't realize how incapacitated I would be after the show was over. Some things they just neglect to warn first-timers like me about. After reading EB's assessment at IVF 40+ I at least know what I've got is fairly normal, even if it is miserable. Luckily I had some left over narcotics just floating around, or I absolutely could not make it through the intense pain and emotional wretchedness. Thankfully, it is a weekend and I can ditch most everyone. Unthankfully, my parents were staying with us and making happy face through Vica.din, Flex.oril, and inside tears sucked. It's almost over, I think. It's unfortunate they don't give you the D&C option at this stage.

5 comments:

  1. oh K, sorry its so crap. Wish I had something wise to say. Thinking of yoU.
    EB

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I am so sorry. I hope you are able to be as comfortable as possible. I know some folks who had some relief just sitting on the john folded over a wadded up towel (just make sure you stay warm)). There is nothing easy or fair about this, the way in is so hard and complicated and the way out is so painful. I am thinking of you and hoping you are nearly out the other side of this incredibly difficult process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, K. Don't let this take away your self worth. You are still the same woman. You are not anything less. This doesn't define who you are or what you can become.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just found your blog, and wanted to say, hang in there, i am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your comment. it is pure hell and I am sorry that you have to know anything about it.

    ReplyDelete