Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ultimate Birthday Present

Mr. W just had a birthday. And a very exciting one it was, as he got to accompany me to the latest ultrasound appointment. My appointments have been at the hospital because my OB thinks their equipment is better for the early stage we're in, which is about 7 weeks + now.

And now for the drum roll, followed by my "holy shit"!

Sac A has a nice little nugget with a heartbeat measuring at 142 bpm.

Sac B has a nice little nugget with a heartbeat measuring 130 bpm and....wait for it.....
a second little nugget with a heartbeat measuring about 125bpm!

And now....HOLY SHIT! It's triplets - and a very unique situation at that because there is a singleton with a set of identical twins, meaning one of the embryos divided after implantation. We are stunned. And excited. And overwhelmed. Of course this creates a whole new set of issues, concerns, and risks - especially because there are two in the same sac. We are very quickly graduating from our OB to the perinatologist.

I got an email from Top Doc (my RE). Her response? "Wow, I am floored by this news."
Yeah, so are we.

15 comments:

  1. Well happy birthday to your DH and OMG trips. How cool is that! Congratulations to you guys - all 5 of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only been lurking around lately. Wandered back into your blog and BAM!! Triplets. That is amazing news. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Shit indeed. I'm speechless. What an amazing birthday gift. Wow...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY SHIT! How wild - wow. Feel free to check out Miss MVK at http://ourpigletpdx.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-week.html

    she is pregnant with identical twins - and they are in the same sac but were found to have a membrane - which I guess is a good thing.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Not sure what else to say but - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY SHIT!
    Happy triplets K! Amazing, I would say it would seem this IVF is what could be considered a whomping succcess? Holy moly
    thinking of you, grinning, shaking my head in awe, my goodness.

    XOXO
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That is amazing! Three nuggets! I am so excited for you guys!!! I totally understand the concerns, but it sounds like you are on the ball and getting the support you need. Happy Birthday to Mr. W!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowie! Yowza! That's a lotsa kiddos in them thar hills. Hoping and praying the docs come up with a good and safe plan for going forward. An incredible birthday present indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. O.M.G. triplets!!! Can you even imagine what that will be like?!?!

    More congratulations to you both!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOLY COW, K! That's the best news! EVER! I know that you and Mr. Beep are getting used to the idea of three, but I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a holy shit moment if ever there was one!! Congratulations -- I'll be sending lots of good thoughts your way that things keep developing well. What an amazing birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Shit indeed. Well, I guess this is a good problem to have. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy amazing triplets! That is incredible! Congratulations on your miracles! I'd say you found the right clinic and doctor, eh? ha ha ha I'm just so floored and hope everything continues to go perfectly for you and your new family. Um, happy birthday to papa! What a gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I concurr with the masses - that is a great birthday present - but at the same time - holy shit!! Thanks for visiting my site - I hope you have an amazing journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. holy shit is right!! WOW! and congrats that is awesome!! :)
    You asked about the h1n1 vaccine and my OB said both versions are safe for pregnant women....but I was lucky enough to be able to get the version without thiemerasol when I went...I waited 2 hours and 45 minutes but it was free....and thiemerasol free too!

    wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete