Monday, June 1, 2009

Buying Time

Welcome to the new look. Boredom with the old look crept in, much the way I find myself getting bored playing the IF game. It doesn't help that I am horizontal nursing an old herniated disk that I managed to aggrivate for no apparent reason. So with the back on ice, and kitty #2 draped across me, I can monkey with the blog.

To keep things interesting, we pulled off another DIY'er although I think I totally blew it. I wasn't paying close enough attention to the OPK and think I missed it by a day. Which either means we missed the DIY IUI by two days, or we just snuck it in under that magical little 24 hour PO window. A window that probably doesn't even exist in my house. So I can pretty much guarantee this one was a write-off, although Super Doc is getting pretty damn good at it now!

The hard part is what to do next. We are leaving for vacation in 2 days and I'm hoping some time away will allow the best answer to present itself. We are trying to choose a new clinic. And I'm looking at the calendar. All of the likely candidates for start dates have serious obstacles in them, conveniently around potential retrieval dates. And I still haven't chosen a clinic. Damn. I have to get my act together but I feel like I don't even know where to start. I feel like time's a wastin, but I really want to drop more than 7 of the 25 pounds I gained on the last round and a half. Time (and timing) is just everything....and no matter how hard I try, I just can't buy it.

4 comments:

  1. well, i am hoping that you just snuck into the window :) and i am wondering if you enjoyed some cheese and wine from your last post?
    the timing thing is one of the hardest parts of this journey. I am trying to plan my life and then work the treatments into that, we will see how long I am saying that :)
    vaca? where? hopefully some place wonderful. (though for me, the west coast is pretty wonderful.....someday)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys did another DIY. I'm not sure why, but I feel like I have this strange vested interest in you getting a BFP from a DIY IUI.

    Do you at least have a short list of clinics you are considering? I'm sorry this is so frustrating for you right now. Maybe when you are relaxed on vacation you will have an epiphany about what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one loving the DIY IUI. The image of your husband with the flashlight helmet is certainly a lasting one.

    I'm sorry that the timing's not coming together quite yet....but you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh spooky -I am at home with a h/d also. Hope you did make your window then all the hard work of finding a clinic would be redundant :-)

    ReplyDelete