Tuesday, December 22, 2009

And the verdict

Interesting that the majority of you voted for girls.

I had my own ideas, based on how sick I've been (Hcg levels are typically higher in males) and based on some little embryology research I had done a few months ago (faster dividing cells are more common in males). We had one embryo that was dividing ahead of schedule and was dividing as they transferred.

And must have been the one to continue dividing after implantation because we are having BOYS! We are totally excited. I rattled off a list of things to Mr. W that I think makes having boys fabulous:

1) No hair, make-up or nail issues
2) No fighting over the bathroom
3) Less drama
4) No weddings to pay for :)
5) No other female hormones to deal with in the house besides mine!

A colleague (who suffers horribly from Florence Nightingale syndrome) has already given them Christmas gifts. (She had to be the FIRST.)

And ok, my confession. I caved and bought one thing. It's a book I saw in a cute little shop the day after my retrieval. I remember looking at it and wishing one day that I could read it to the little nugget(s). I figured it was a pipe dream and forbade myself from buying it for fear of jinxing everything. This whole time it has been the only little baby thing I could think about so I broke down and finally ordered it. I really wanted to go back to the little shop and buy it in person, but that's probably not very realistic at this point. You can see it here.

Merry Christmas everyone, especially EB, whose Christmas gift of a big fat positive, just arrived!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your boys!! Such exciting news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooooray for little boys and nifty books and 16 weeks down. So glad you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys. Two boys. Oh boy. Seattle, lock up your daughters!!
    I have a nephew. The love of my life. I love to dress him up in cool puffa jackets, jeans, little timbies and he prefers superman outfits, pilot outfit, spaceman and most important batman.

    Wow, how cool. Congratulations to you all. And a very Merry Christmas.
    Eb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys! How exciting! Love the book you picked up. I might have to get it for my nieces.

    By the way, I've loved reading your sweet posts about your DH...he will be a wonderful father and a wonderful example to two young boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for boys! There have been a lot of girls lately, so I'm happy to have you join the boy club with me. The book is adorable, sort of like "Good Nite Moon" but about SF. Very cool. Congratulations on your two little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! I am glad you bought a little something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. boys! congratulations! and i'm glad you found a little something to buy for the babies that felt right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo-hoo for boys and for shopping! Congratulations on the wonderful news! I love your list of all the great things about having little boys in the house...I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Baby Boys!
    And
    wishing you the very best this holiday season, and in the wondrous new year!

    Holy crap K, you're pregnant. Obvious, perhaps, but amazingly wonderful! I re-realize it every time I stop by and have a jolt of joy,

    boys. holy moly.

    xox
    kate

    ReplyDelete